Feature ideas

Tell us your ideas for new features and functionality in CarVue, and vote on other CarVue community ideas in this forum!

What features would you like to see in CarVue?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleted Items

When Document is Deleted, next one created doesn't pick up the number of the deleted one, but picks the next one in sequence, which isn't ideal. As a new user, I still learn to add/edit required info, but Doc Editing is impossible after COMMIT button was hit. In some cases, additional info edition is required after doc has been created, but it is impossible to do, so Doc has to be deleted and new created

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Check duplicate record while adding a new record

Hi,

When we add a new product (inventory), the system checks the database after we click on SAVE button. It will be time saving if the system checks the product DB as we write the Product Code. Currently, we have to write all the details and click save to know this product is already added. I know we can search for the product on the products page but I believe it will be easy and convenient for the end user to know as soon as they enter a Product Code before clicking on Save button whether the product is already…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Jobs Report

Is there is a report where I can pull out all jobs done for specific period (IE Day or Week) to see details of vehicle, work done, price quoted/invoiced and parts purchased.

To enable us to track to profit for a specific period and work done?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workshop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quotes from Suppliers

Once the car is in and Job card is created. Is there is a place to put in quotes for the parts from various suppliers?

We have a number of suppliers and are obtaining quotes before we decide where we purchase the parts from...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Purchases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to easily offer a fixed discount to an invoice, instead of crediting items or discounting by percentage.

Be able to easily offer a fixed discount to an invoice, instead of crediting items or discounting by percentage.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatic text Mot reminders

It would be good if the system would automatically send a text reminder to customers 28 days before the MOT expiry date.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workshop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. see parts purchase price when raising invoice

Would be good to see what price you purchased the part for when compiling the invoice, so you can decide whether to offer discount against rrp etc

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove sales vehicles for repair garages

Ability to remove stock (cars) totally and have stock as parts shop etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sales  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you introduce tax and mot look up at the job sheet stage?

This would help with 'upsell' if the customer has overlooked the MOT, and would help to avoid mechanics inadvertently driving untaxed cars on the road during road tests.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can you integrate with 1Link fleet management software?

This would avoid having to replicate the work order received from 1Link. Ive spoken to them and they're all for it, they just need to work with you on this point?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sales/Profit Reports by Sales Person

It would be great if we were able to run a report on each sales person for the amount and value of sales including gross/net profit made per sales person and be able to choose between 2 dates so we can run commission reports.

I think it would be relatively easy to do as there is already the option when closing a sale to record the salesperson at this point

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sales  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. At the moment you can only view tech doc after creating a job card, it would be good to view the document before hand when crebal

At the moment (from what i can see) you can only view tech doc after creating a job card, it would be good to view the document before hand when verbally giving a quote and getting a book time to calculate pricing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. To be able to write a job card out and be able to update it at the end rather than having to

To be able to write a job card out and be able to update it at the end rather than having to update one item at a time which takes longer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Daily Labour Sales Reports

Hello

It would be very useful to have a date range for the labour value so we can track what is sold on a daily basis rather than just the month.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar on Dashboard

Show 7 day calendar view on dashboard

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. On the dashboard it does show a count of the number of jobs booked in for each of the next 7 days with wuick links through to the calendar.. The next 5 jobs due in are listed. Please could you let us know what other information you would like to see?

Thanks,
    Rachel

16. I don't use the job card side of things as I'm a one man band but the ability to add vehicle mileage to an invoice would be a great help

I don't use the job card side of things as I'm a one man band but the ability to add vehicle mileage when creating an invoice would be a great help

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Workshop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Label printing

as we have many departments and stock levels it is a good idea to have a label printing option so parts are easy identified and the price label can be attached to the job card.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to spread one job card over multiple days!!

Some jobs aren't a day long and would help for the person booking the jobs in to visually see how many days a job is taking to prevent overbooking.

As we can't restrict how many hours the maximum day is it would be better to spread the hours over a couple of days whilst in the same job card.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workshop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base