Feature ideas

Tell us your ideas for new features and functionality in CarVue, and vote on other CarVue community ideas in this forum!

What features would you like to see in CarVue?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. At the moment you can only view tech doc after creating a job card, it would be good to view the document before hand when crebal

At the moment (from what i can see) you can only view tech doc after creating a job card, it would be good to view the document before hand when verbally giving a quote and getting a book time to calculate pricing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to write a job card out and be able to update it at the end rather than having to

To be able to write a job card out and be able to update it at the end rather than having to update one item at a time which takes longer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Online Booking

our currant garage management solution provides the ability for our customers to book an MOT or Service online direct from our website directly into our diary i think it would be a great asset to carvue to be able to do the same at the moment 40% of our bookings are take online for MOT tests and after a lot of research most of the management systems on the market offer this as a option.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  4. Terminology Options

Need to be able to define a wider range of options as a user to make the system more internationally useful. Terminology such as MOT and VAT are not relevant and confuse our customers.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew,

We can understand this idea and think its an excellent suggestion we will leave this open to gather feedback from other customers.

If you think this is a great idea then vote now!

Thanks Support

5. Custom templates

Having a wysiwyg template editor from within the software would be a great help. I'm using mobile devices so have no easy way to edit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to be able to upload multiple document templates for each document type

At the time of printing a document, I'd like to be presented with a choice of templates.

For me, the Invoice template I use for Saves vs Service are different, and similarly the template for Job cards is different depending on if its for a sales vehicle or a customer vehicle.

This feature would allow me to have greater flexibility for the layout of printed documents without having to upload the relevant template before printing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion Scott.

We’d love to hear from other users to see what they feel about multiple document templates for CarVue.

Please do post your feedback and we’ll keep all subscribers updated.

7. Upload images and or files to be linked to contacts or vehicles

The Ability to upload images and other documents e.g. pdf , jpg files and be able to link them to contacts or vehicles and jobs

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  8. Better email reporting and/or sent items folder

At present when I send an email from CarVue there's no feedback to me as a user other than the green status bar at the top of the page when I click send. Even in the events section of the customer record there's no reference to the email. I sent out an invoice to a customer a week ago and have had no response (i.e. payment) which is unusual for this customer. There's no way of me seeing whether the email actually sent, it bounced back or was opened (I believe there's an embedded tracking gif image in the sent…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom web links on main dashboard

Would it be possible to have a place on the main dashboard where we could add our own custom web links to third party websites e.g. autodata online , parts catalogues or any type of site workshops might use this will save us from having out of date links in favourites on all our individual computers.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nigel,

We are just looking to update you and let you know that this idea is still gathering feedback!

For all other CarVue users: If you think this is a helpful, useful widget you’d like to see on your dashboard, vote now!

The CarVue Team

10. Pin left hand menu permanently open

It would be good to have the option to pin the menu down the left hand side of the screen permanently rather than having to go up to menu every time to make it display.

On most widescreen monitors there would be more than enough room to have it there without affecting the rest of the display, and would save some less tech-savvy users hunting for options and having to click on menu every time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto Data available in Car Vue

To make this system a true one stop for everything it would be great if it had Auto Data information available. I use it for repair times to ensure accurate quotes etc - if CarVue had this information available without having to switch between the two systems it would make life much simpler!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base