Feature ideas

Tell us your ideas for new features and functionality in CarVue, and vote on other CarVue community ideas in this forum!

What features would you like to see in CarVue?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleted Items

When Document is Deleted, next one created doesn't pick up the number of the deleted one, but picks the next one in sequence, which isn't ideal. As a new user, I still learn to add/edit required info, but Doc Editing is impossible after COMMIT button was hit. In some cases, additional info edition is required after doc has been created, but it is impossible to do, so Doc has to be deleted and new created

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to easily offer a fixed discount to an invoice, instead of crediting items or discounting by percentage.

Be able to easily offer a fixed discount to an invoice, instead of crediting items or discounting by percentage.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. see parts purchase price when raising invoice

Would be good to see what price you purchased the part for when compiling the invoice, so you can decide whether to offer discount against rrp etc

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  4. I don't use the job card side of things as I'm a one man band but the ability to add vehicle mileage to an invoice would be a great help

I don't use the job card side of things as I'm a one man band but the ability to add vehicle mileage when creating an invoice would be a great help

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Update mileage before creating invoice

It's too easy to forget to update the mileage before turning the job card into a draft invoice. At the moment a box pops up and says "are you sure" when converting a job card to invoice, this should be a mileage input box or at least a reminder to check you've updated it.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  6. Bulk Payment of Invoices

My account customers usually make a single cheque or BACS payment for multiple invoices. At present this means opening each associated invoice in turn to mark payment against it and this is a slow and tedious process. It would work much better if there were check boxes next to each unpaid invoice so they can be selected and a bulk payment made against these invoices.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have the labour rate set so it takes it automatically from the hours on the job card.

Having the labour rate taken directly from the job section would be a much easier way to charge for labour. It should still be editable if needs be but the time on the job would be a great starting point instead of it needed to be a "product".

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  8. Account statements

The ability to generate and print account statements which list outstanding invoices. It's pretty much standard business practice to send account statements at the end of each month and some companies won't pay until they are in receipt of a statement.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jon,

You are currently able to view this online but unable to print it currently. Once the print facility is corrected we will then be able to send this out.

This is actively being worked on so will keep you updated.

• Don't see your idea?

Feature ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base