Feature ideas

Tell us your ideas for new features and functionality in CarVue, and vote on other CarVue community ideas in this forum!

What features would you like to see in CarVue?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online Booking

our currant garage management solution provides the ability for our customers to book an MOT or Service online direct from our website directly into our diary i think it would be a great asset to carvue to be able to do the same at the moment 40% of our bookings are take online for MOT tests and after a lot of research most of the management systems on the market offer this as a option.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  2. Reminders by SMS and Email

Have the option to send reminders via SMS and Email

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vehicles  ·  Admin →
  3. Upload images and or files to be linked to contacts or vehicles

The Ability to upload images and other documents e.g. pdf , jpg files and be able to link them to contacts or vehicles and jobs

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  4. Service History Report

At present if I need to look at the full history for a vehicle (I regularly need to look back to see what parts were fitted at the last service, when a car last had brake pads etc.) I need to open each previous invoice in turn until I find the information I need. Over time that's going to be a lot of invoices for high mileage vehicles. It would be very useful to have a service history report for each vehicle which lists the contents of all invoices one after the other on a single page report (with dates…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vehicles  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion Jonathan.

It would be great to get some more ideas / information around this suggestion as depending on the vehicle this could be a lot of information display.

Perhaps you could map out the report as you see it in terms of headings?

5. Bulk Payment of Invoices

My account customers usually make a single cheque or BACS payment for multiple invoices. At present this means opening each associated invoice in turn to mark payment against it and this is a slow and tedious process. It would work much better if there were check boxes next to each unpaid invoice so they can be selected and a bulk payment made against these invoices.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  6. Pricing Options

Need to ability to auto calculate sell price from a margin i.e. I enter my buy price and define the margin, the system then calculates the sell price including tax.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Admin →
  7. VEHICLE HEALTH CHECK OPTION ON SCREEN FOR RECORDS AND TO PROVIDE PRINT TO CUSTOMER - PRINTABLE CHECK SHEET TEMPLATE UPON PRINT OF JOB CARD

VEHICLE HEALTH CHECK OPTION ON SCREEN TO PROVIDE PRINT - PRINTABLE CHECK SHEET TEMPLATE UPON PRINT OF JOB CARD & UPLOADABLE DATABASE

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide cost price

would like to be able to hide the cost price of products from certain group of users. so that the gross profit margin is not disclosed to unnecessary parties.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to add multiple technicians on job cards

Rather than just having a job card with one technician, having the option to assign a technician at a repair level, meaning multiple can be added to one card

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update mileage before creating invoice

It's too easy to forget to update the mileage before turning the job card into a draft invoice. At the moment a box pops up and says "are you sure" when converting a job card to invoice, this should be a mileage input box or at least a reminder to check you've updated it.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  11. Pre-Defined Service Jobs / Menu Pricing

Add the facility for pre-defined service jobs to allow these to be added quickly to a job card without having to retype full work instructions for job card and customer invoice every time for frequent jobs.

For example, adding an annual service as a job would add the pre-defined text and service items to a job card "Carry out annual service.....", "Carry out diagnostic and reset service reminder..." as well as parts associated with that job.

There could also be the facility to set these up as menu pricing fixed price jobs.

The current 'packages' functionality only seems to allow…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workshop  ·  Admin →
  12. MOT module

MOT Module required

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workshop  ·  Admin →

Hi Nigel, We’d love to gather some more information about what features and functionality you would like, or expect to see in it. It is likely others will then be able to vote for this item due to understand it in its entirety.

13. Account statements

The ability to generate and print account statements which list outstanding invoices. It's pretty much standard business practice to send account statements at the end of each month and some companies won't pay until they are in receipt of a statement.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

Hi Jon,

You are currently able to view this online but unable to print it currently. Once the print facility is corrected we will then be able to send this out.

This is actively being worked on so will keep you updated.

14. Automatic text Mot reminders

It would be good if the system would automatically send a text reminder to customers 28 days before the MOT expiry date.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workshop  ·  Admin →
  15. Label printing

as we have many departments and stock levels it is a good idea to have a label printing option so parts are easy identified and the price label can be attached to the job card.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to spread one job card over multiple days!!

Some jobs aren't a day long and would help for the person booking the jobs in to visually see how many days a job is taking to prevent overbooking.

As we can't restrict how many hours the maximum day is it would be better to spread the hours over a couple of days whilst in the same job card.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workshop  ·  Admin →
  17. Have the labour rate set so it takes it automatically from the hours on the job card.

Having the labour rate taken directly from the job section would be a much easier way to charge for labour. It should still be editable if needs be but the time on the job would be a great starting point instead of it needed to be a "product".

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom web links on main dashboard

Would it be possible to have a place on the main dashboard where we could add our own custom web links to third party websites e.g. autodata online , parts catalogues or any type of site workshops might use this will save us from having out of date links in favourites on all our individual computers.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Hi Nigel,

We are just looking to update you and let you know that this idea is still gathering feedback!

For all other CarVue users: If you think this is a helpful, useful widget you’d like to see on your dashboard, vote now!

The CarVue Team

19. Terminology Options

Need to be able to define a wider range of options as a user to make the system more internationally useful. Terminology such as MOT and VAT are not relevant and confuse our customers.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

We can understand this idea and think its an excellent suggestion we will leave this open to gather feedback from other customers.

If you think this is a great idea then vote now!

Thanks Support

20. Better email reporting and/or sent items folder

At present when I send an email from CarVue there's no feedback to me as a user other than the green status bar at the top of the page when I click send. Even in the events section of the customer record there's no reference to the email. I sent out an invoice to a customer a week ago and have had no response (i.e. payment) which is unusual for this customer. There's no way of me seeing whether the email actually sent, it bounced back or was opened (I believe there's an embedded tracking gif image in the sent…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base