Feature ideas

Tell us your ideas for new features and functionality in CarVue, and vote on other CarVue community ideas in this forum!

What features would you like to see in CarVue?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar on Dashboard

Show 7 day calendar view on dashboard

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workshop  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. On the dashboard it does show a count of the number of jobs booked in for each of the next 7 days with wuick links through to the calendar.. The next 5 jobs due in are listed. Please could you let us know what other information you would like to see?

Thanks,
    Rachel

2. I don't use the job card side of things as I'm a one man band but the ability to add vehicle mileage to an invoice would be a great help

I don't use the job card side of things as I'm a one man band but the ability to add vehicle mileage when creating an invoice would be a great help

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Label printing

as we have many departments and stock levels it is a good idea to have a label printing option so parts are easy identified and the price label can be attached to the job card.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to spread one job card over multiple days!!

Some jobs aren't a day long and would help for the person booking the jobs in to visually see how many days a job is taking to prevent overbooking.

As we can't restrict how many hours the maximum day is it would be better to spread the hours over a couple of days whilst in the same job card.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workshop  ·  Admin →
  7. Month view option for workshop bookings

Most workshops like to see a month view for obvious reasons.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Two Way Emails

two-way email communication across CarVue would also be a bonus. It would be nice to see outgoing email messages and customer replies together much the same was as SMS messaging system currently works. It would save having to keep open an email client and CarVue at the same time with communications spread between two systems.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search by phone number

Ability to search contacts by phone number

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A total value of stock

Total retail price on sales vehicles in stock. e.g 10 vehicles at £5000 + VAT - Total price £50,000 + VAT

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vehicles  ·  Admin →
  11. Online Booking

our currant garage management solution provides the ability for our customers to book an MOT or Service online direct from our website directly into our diary i think it would be a great asset to carvue to be able to do the same at the moment 40% of our bookings are take online for MOT tests and after a lot of research most of the management systems on the market offer this as a option.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  12. Reminders by SMS and Email

Have the option to send reminders via SMS and Email

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vehicles  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to add multiple technicians on job cards

Rather than just having a job card with one technician, having the option to assign a technician at a repair level, meaning multiple can be added to one card

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. VEHICLE HEALTH CHECK OPTION ON SCREEN FOR RECORDS AND TO PROVIDE PRINT TO CUSTOMER - PRINTABLE CHECK SHEET TEMPLATE UPON PRINT OF JOB CARD

VEHICLE HEALTH CHECK OPTION ON SCREEN TO PROVIDE PRINT - PRINTABLE CHECK SHEET TEMPLATE UPON PRINT OF JOB CARD & UPLOADABLE DATABASE

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Service History Report

At present if I need to look at the full history for a vehicle (I regularly need to look back to see what parts were fitted at the last service, when a car last had brake pads etc.) I need to open each previous invoice in turn until I find the information I need. Over time that's going to be a lot of invoices for high mileage vehicles. It would be very useful to have a service history report for each vehicle which lists the contents of all invoices one after the other on a single page report (with dates…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vehicles  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion Jonathan.

It would be great to get some more ideas / information around this suggestion as depending on the vehicle this could be a lot of information display.

Perhaps you could map out the report as you see it in terms of headings?

17. Update mileage before creating invoice

It's too easy to forget to update the mileage before turning the job card into a draft invoice. At the moment a box pops up and says "are you sure" when converting a job card to invoice, this should be a mileage input box or at least a reminder to check you've updated it.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  18. Pricing Options

Need to ability to auto calculate sell price from a margin i.e. I enter my buy price and define the margin, the system then calculates the sell price including tax.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Admin →
  19. Terminology Options

Need to be able to define a wider range of options as a user to make the system more internationally useful. Terminology such as MOT and VAT are not relevant and confuse our customers.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

We can understand this idea and think its an excellent suggestion we will leave this open to gather feedback from other customers.

If you think this is a great idea then vote now!

Thanks Support

20. Custom templates

Having a wysiwyg template editor from within the software would be a great help. I'm using mobile devices so have no easy way to edit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base